Pride and Pressure

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single person in possession of a sound mind must be in search of this site. Enjoy your stay here, gentle reader. (And do please be gentle, reader, because if you break it, you buy it.)

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Sometimes life isn't fair

Right, so I know I'm not starving in Africa or in a gutter in New York, but seriously life can really be annoying. Now, 21 days before I move out of my apartment, someone gets wireless internet that I can steal. These people just do it to piss me off. I know it.

Anyway, I was at the Artisan today. (When am I not at the Artisan, you ask. When I'm at Applebee's that's when, but that's not the point.) As always they had a trivia question that asked what a group of leopards is called. Now, I'm not that one guy from Ghost World, so I didn't check right away, but I looked it up a few minutes ago. The answer is a leap of leopards. I bring this up because there is a very cool site which tells you what a lot of plural nouns are called. This is (1) interesting, (2) probably helpful to Chrissy, who needs to know that it's a skulk of squirrels if they ever start terrorizing Sparkle City like they did MU's campus, and (3) vaguely sad that someone put that much trouble into the website and that I took the time to read all of it.

Well, that's it for now.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

I don't know why but somehow I knew "leap." Did you know that a group of crows is a murder? "Murder of Crows" is also a movie with Cuba Gooding Jr. that is actually quite good and doesn't have him acting like an assclown and for which he gets an Oscar. It also takes place in New Orleans and has some cool plot twists.

P.S. Right now I am typing to you on stolen wireless in my new apt. However, I have already ordered my cable and internet but it won't be installed until Thursday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home