Pride and Pressure

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single person in possession of a sound mind must be in search of this site. Enjoy your stay here, gentle reader. (And do please be gentle, reader, because if you break it, you buy it.)

Saturday, January 07, 2006

OH! OH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE! IT'S IN MY RACCOON WOUNDS!

So remember how I kidded that my roommates wouldn't remember to take out the trash while I was away? I didn't kid. So there's trash everywhere (hence the title, like, duh!). The trash cans outside are full and there are a couple of bags of trash just sitting beside them. I don't want to take out the trash that's in the kitchen because there's nowhere to put it. So I tried to push down the trash. Surprise! There's fish head in my trash can! I don't know the fish it came from, but I'm worried for Nemo. It's pretty funny. I mean I'm sure other people have had fish heads in their trash can before, but not in my family. My mom can't stand the smell of fish. So this head staring back at me, well, it just shocked me.

I went to Goodwill the second day I was back. I thought about it but was too tired the first day. I got some yarn for a couple bucks. Yarn is evil by the way. I realized, halfway through the scarf I was making for Ali that I wasn't knitting at all but doing something with needles that I had made up entirely on my own. I've now restarted it. I suppose it's for the best anyway because one stripe was all messy and pluffy. I would never have been able to deal with it and would have had to pull it off Ali's neck if I ever saw her wearing it. I'm now going to knit it in stockinette stitch so that I get practice knitting and purling and so that it looks prettier.

Are all the boys gone now? Scared off by my bad-ass needles? Good, we didn't need them anyway.

I also picked up The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys. I love it so far, but it remains to be seen if the end comes as such a shock that it becomes a tragicomedy. Chrissy, be sure that I'll let you know . . .

2 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

Wait? Are you talking about the comic book or the movie becuase I thought you'd seen the movie at the Ragtag with Leslie ( I saw it on DVD, I think).
BTW, I love the title of your post and must add that your roommates are gross but still better than that one we shared once up a nightmare.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I'm talking about the novel. I saw the movie with someone. I honestly don't know who. I don't think there ever was an actual comic book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home