Pride and Pressure

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single person in possession of a sound mind must be in search of this site. Enjoy your stay here, gentle reader. (And do please be gentle, reader, because if you break it, you buy it.)

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Scientology calls to me

One the 2 block walk from the BART to my work, I pass at least 2, sometimes 3 or 4, people handing out scientology flyers. I can now apparently get my personality tested at the scientology center if I want . . . 7 times. Yes, that's right, I have 7 of these things. I'm as much a fan of absurdity as the next person, actually more because usually the next person won't take a flyer, but it's got to end. I'm not going to go to the scientology center because I don't want to get sucked into a cult. I don't know if I'm that susceptible, and I don't want to find out.

I can't keep taking these flyers or they'll take over my life. Yet I can't pass the scientology girls up. What to do? Dilemma, thy name is scientology. (Dodgeball is funny).

On a side note, I'm now keeping a list of names that are interesting. It's a job perk. My favorites thus far are Venus Van Hook and Amber Lemon. Amber Lemon is my most favorite though. Her name means Yellow Lemon, or even Yellow Yellow. It reminds me of when the guy that I will always think of as Dash from Sabrina the Teenage Witch although he's been more famous for other roles before and since said on Scrubs, "You thought my name was Turk Turkleton???"

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Oh, I can pass people on the street. My love of irony is too great to pass the Scientology people though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home