Pride and Pressure

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single person in possession of a sound mind must be in search of this site. Enjoy your stay here, gentle reader. (And do please be gentle, reader, because if you break it, you buy it.)

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Countdown

That's right, less than one week until the big move. In honor of that, I'd like to tell you guys a little about Daly City.

It's disturbingly easy to leave without knowing it. For the longest time, I thought the second Target was in Daly City. You know, the Target that's less than half a mile from the first Target. It's not, it's in Colma (AKA Deathville). This morning, for instance, I decided to try to get home a different way. All the sudden I'm in Pacifica. I don't even know where the fuck that is!

I'm also squarely in the minority here. So when I go for a walk or a run, small Asian women watering their lawns eye me unpleasantly, because being a minority, I obviously feel compelled by forces I can't explain to pillage, loot, and plunder.

Daly City has been described as "the ugliest city in America." Obviously that person didn't like post-modern architecture. Or was squeamishly purist about it. I personally enjoy Bauhaus style architecture painted in Coke Nosebleed Pink (AKA 80s hot pink). It's deliciously tacky.

Finally, you have to know that Daly City is a haven for the crafting community. Because anytime you talk about any kind of crafting, someone will say that the cheapest place to get supplies is Beverly's in Daly City. I'm not kidding. This has happened multiple times.

All in all, not a bad place to live. And the ocean's right over that cliff. Almost completely inaccessible, but it's there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home