Pride and Pressure

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single person in possession of a sound mind must be in search of this site. Enjoy your stay here, gentle reader. (And do please be gentle, reader, because if you break it, you buy it.)

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Some things to remember

1. If you don't eat before you take your vitamins, the vitamins get hungry and try to eat your flesh from the stomach out.

2. It's not good to wake up at 6 am after going to sleep at 1 am.

3. Don't randomly decide to add a mile to the middle of what was going to be a 2 mile run. Especially not when the last mile is a steady upward slope.

4. If you decide to run 3 miles for no reason, for God's sake, don't go for a long walk over by the ocean. I'm really tired now.

5. Be careful when parking in North Beach. People attempt to commit suicide using your car as a weapon.

6. Driving on the hills on Filbert will seriously make you lose your appetite. I thought I was going to toss my cookies. Not cool in the new car.

7. One of the greatest things about the Sunset is that the streets going north-south are numbered, and the streets going east-west are in alphabetical order. It would take an act of God for even me to get lost. It helps that the ocean always tells you which way is west.

8. I love Billy Joel. In general, the 80s were great times. I can totally identify with a decade where the drug of choice was cocaine. No injections. You never have to sleep again. And nosebleeds are hot, right?

Contrast that with the 90s. Heroin? What the hell? I'm gonna stick a needle in my vein for a high from a souped up version of granny's pain meds? No.

'Course, I did have that nasty marker sniffing addiction during the 80s. You know, the fruity smelling ones. It was tough to quit.

9. Lynn shouldn't read other people's stories. 'Cuz we all know what happens then.

10. Don't get into a fight with a pigeon. We all know who would win.

11. People who read this blog should comment. It makes me happy.

2 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

I don't appreciate you posting pics of your new apt on "the board" before you post them here. You didn't even tell me you had pics up of your apt.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I sent you pictures of my apartment before I moved in. Arguably, you got the better deal because it probably looked better then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home