Pride and Pressure

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single person in possession of a sound mind must be in search of this site. Enjoy your stay here, gentle reader. (And do please be gentle, reader, because if you break it, you buy it.)

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Those Wild & Crazy Christians

So I picked up a religious tract, as I'm wont to do when bored while doing laundry. I'd like to read to you a passage about whether or not the holy spirit is a person.* However, I can't read it to you, so I shall type to you a passage:

"When Mary, the mother of Jesus, visited her cousin Elizabeth, the Bible says that the unborn child in Elizabeth's womb leaped, "and Elizabeth was filled with holy spirit." (Luke 1:41) Is it reasonable that a person would be "filled" with another person?"

So, am I as sick as I think I must be to think, "Well, if he's big enough"? Probably, but seriously, the question is just gagging for a dirty response. I would almost think it was deliberate, but nothing else in the pamphlet is nearly as funny.



*Incidentally, in case you were wondering, the Holy Spirit, according to this tract, is not a person. It's a spirit. No, I don't think that that conclusion didn't require 2 pages worth of argument to prove it. Why do you ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home