Pride and Pressure

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single person in possession of a sound mind must be in search of this site. Enjoy your stay here, gentle reader. (And do please be gentle, reader, because if you break it, you buy it.)

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Know what I miss about the good ol' days?

The fact that everyone used to wear tap dancing shoes everywhere in case a burst of random song needed a quick improvised dance to go along with it. Or maybe that's just me watching too many Bing Crosby and Gene Kelly movies. Seriously, though, I can't carry a tune to save my life. Which if I was in an old movie would mean that I could never convey any serious emotion. I'd be a ticking time bomb of repressed angst.

I've been watching old movies from the library again. It's my only means of visual stimulation since no one can tell me what the fuck Fox is doing. I mean, is there an Arrested Development finale coming up? If so, when? And in the meantime, must they mock my pain by filling the cherished spot with Skating with Celebrities? (And by the way, Fox, Dave Coulier? Not a celebrity anymore. And Kristy Swanson, I'm disappointed in you. You kicked serious vampire ass and now . . . ) It's like painting over a Turner painting with a Rothko painting. (And by the way, Rothko, using naked models covered in paint as a brush? Not art, crazy European sex.)

And what's up with House? American Freaking Idol (I thought America was so over that) keeps slithering its slimy slitheriness into House's spot? And we're left wondering, where is Hugh Laurie? Where is Claudio, aka Robert Sean Leonard? I know I could figure all this out with a little time spent on Fox's website, but then I wouldn't have time to write bad-ass blog entries. Isn't there room in the world for both bad-ass blog entries and understanding what the fuck Fox is doing? I think there is.

Oh, and 80 million pointless points to the first person who catches more than one of the four movies somehow referenced by this post. Also, decades worth of props to anyone who can figure out the two movies inevitably brought to mind when Robert Sean Leonard is cross-referenced with vampires in my head.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

So they were trying to keep the heart fond by remaining conspicuously absent. Jerks.

I had you down for at least one reference. How many times in my life do I really say "crazy European sex"? Not often enough I tell you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home