Pride and Pressure

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single person in possession of a sound mind must be in search of this site. Enjoy your stay here, gentle reader. (And do please be gentle, reader, because if you break it, you buy it.)

Monday, February 06, 2006

Oh God, I feel like a sports fan . . .

Wow, so I'm noticing that of all the blogs I read(aside from AdFreak of course), I'm the only one who blogged the Super Bowl, and I really went on about it. I'd like to clarify that I was knitting and drinking a Starbucks doubleshot when not writing my reactions (such as they were). I wasn't drinking Bud Light and grilling. I'm just sayin' is all (Oh, God, Chris Moore will be here in a month and a half and I don't have any pop music junk to give to him, wonder if he'd like the Jesus postcard?).

Anyway, wanted to check in to comment on AdFreak's Super Bowl commentary. They were blogging in real-time. I read it after the game had finished and I just want to find out if it's wrong that the only thing I got out of it was that Catharine P. Taylor either doesn't know what peccadillo means or she's just using it in an odd way. The word, in general, means a sin or more uncommonly (IMHO) a flaw. She keeps using it in a place where "peculiarity" or "pet peeve" would make more sense. It's possible she's calling her peculiarity a flaw and thus using the word correctly, but oddly. Still, I do not think that word means what she thinks it means . . .

Please, someone, tell me that I'm not getting stupidly caught up in semantics and that it's annoying when someone uses a word like that multiple times without seeming to know what it means. Right???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home