Pride and Pressure

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single person in possession of a sound mind must be in search of this site. Enjoy your stay here, gentle reader. (And do please be gentle, reader, because if you break it, you buy it.)

Friday, February 03, 2006

Revenge is a dish best served with a side of hardware meltdown

So my computer has finally decided to get revenge for all the things I've done to it. Namely stepping on it and scratching it. My mouse and space bar have decided they don't like to work so good. I doubt that any of you, other than Chrissy, can truly understand how frustrating it is to work on a keyboard with a crappy space bar. So I'm seriously thinking it's time to get a job.

I'm also thinking that today is Day Three of a low-level migraine that just won't go away. So sorry for the poor quality of writing.

While I was wallowing in misery yesterday evening, I knitted and watched The Last Starfighter. I always tend to think of that movie as one of the best bad movies of all time. But every time I watch it, I think, it's not really a bad movie. The premise is intelligent and relatively original. There's humor, and drama, and hilarity of a beta unit trying to pretend to be human. I love the beta unit, and if he hadn't driven himself into a space ship to help save the universe, I probably would have married him. He's funny. Definitely worth a viewing if you haven't seen it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home